- Fixed user session retrieval logic to improve compatibility with Windows Server 2008.
- Fixed user session retrieval logic to improve compatibility with Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Fixed COM extension interop issue on some versions of 64-bit Windows due to differences in 32-bit/64-bit registory sharing.
- Added sclience.exe for program registration that is more accessible and automatically requests for admin rights.
- Added instructions for installation under Windows 8.
- Added support for 64-bit Windows.
- Support for Windows 2000 is deprecated.
- Added resolutions up to 1200 dpi to options.
- Previously, the PrinterSettings.IsValid property in the .NET framework will return false for the SoftCopy driver. This has been fixed.
- Previously, an older application running on Vista/Win7 in virtualized mode may encounter printing issues (unable to communicate with agent). This has been fixed.
- softcfg.exe will now use the default system font for its user interface elements.
- A new "Manage Forms" option is added in the forms list that provides convenient access to the "Print Server Properties" dialog box for managing system forms.
- Updated screenshots and content in help file for Windows 7.
- This version is compatible with Windows 7.
- Previously, the registration code is always written to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, which fails if the user does not have administrator rights. This version writes the registration code to HKEY_CURRENT_USER if it is unable to write to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE so that registration does not fail.
- Improve error message when user tries to register SoftCopy without administrator rights.
- Installer now prevents installation under 64-bit Windows.
- Previously, the last output folder is locked and cannot be deleted. This has been fixed.
- A bug was found in the anti-aliasing module that causes incorrect output under certain situations. This has been fixed.
- A bug was found that causes SoftCopy to set the requested page size incorrectly across multiple print sessions for certain applications. This has been fixed.
- Added VB.NET sample extension DLL.
- Added support for registration/deregistration of ActiveX DLLs in GUI configuration tool.
- Added support for registration/deregistration of .NET assemblies in GUI configuration tool.
- Previously, a restricted user (eg. guest) will not be able to print to the SoftCopy print driver. This has been fixed.
- Now, in unattended mode, if an extension DLL returns "false" in its scGetSaveFileName() function, SoftCopy will cancel the print job instead of popping up the "Save as" dialog box.
- A sample extension DLL written using Visual C# has been added.
- Some users have reported an "Error adding port" error message while installing SoftCopy, which we have fixed.
- Extension DLLs are now hosted by the driver instead of the agent to cater to unattended printing by system services.
- In this version, softcfg.exe automatically requests for administrative rights when launched under Windows Vista.
- Previously, the agent will fail to work with processes in the current interactive session executed under the context of a more restrictive user account. This has been fixed.
- The previous version is found to crash under Windows Vista after the printer driver is installed and the machine rebooted. This has been fixed.
- This version is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP Fast User Switching.
- Memory usage has been optimized so that the same print job now takes half the memory required by previous versions to complete.
- Added antialias parameter in "Printing Preferences" so that it can be disabled for certain print jobs to further reduce memory usage.
- A "Register" button has been added to the Configure Extension DLL utility so that an ActiveX DLL can be registered without going through the command line.
- Trial and standard editions now allows printing to multi-page image formats, but adds a watermark to the output, instead of preventing it altogether.
- The LongBool return value from scGetJobInfo() in the Delphi sample extension DLL is not interpreted correctly in some situations. This has been fixed.
- Added LZW compression support and set it to the default compression scheme for color TIFF files. This is to improve compatibility with Microsoft Imaging and Microsoft Viewer.
- Installation of the printer driver is now done via an EXE file instead of a WSH script. This allows installation on machines with WSH disabled.
- The output image metadata may not contain the correct DPI value depending on the output file format and DPI setting. This has been fixed.
- Added new sample extension DLL written in Delphi 7.
- Added new option in softcfg.exe to disable extension DLL.
- Previously, in unattended mode, the values returned via scGetJobInfo() may not always be used due to aggressive caching of printer settings by the Windows print spooler. This has been fixed.
- The output image metadata did not contain the correct DPI value. This has been fixed.
- Added extension DLL GUI configuration utility.
- Added support for ActiveX extension DLL in unattended operation.
- Added VB6 example for ActiveX extension DLL.
- Added pageCount flag in SCFILEINFO to disable page count for filenames of single-page image formats during unattended operation.
- scEndOfJob() now receives the SCFILEINFO structure when it is called. This is to allow for the function to obtain details of the print job that was completed.
- The sample VC6 extension DLL now substitutes the first "%s" parameter in JobDoneMsg with the name, and the second "%s" parameter with the extension of the completed print job. This allows the user to specify a message that displays the filename of the completed print job.
- SoftCopy no longer registers itself as the default printer during installation.
- Updated copyright notice.
- Improved registration code verification logic.
- Default filename is now supplied in the SCFILEINFO structure for the extension DLL.
- Added support for PNG and PDF (image only) formats.
- Added support for extension DLL for unattended operation.
- Default filename is now provided in the "Save as" dialog box based on the name of the print job.
- We received more reports of installation failure for certain configurations. This has been fixed.
- We received reports of installation failure under certain situations. This has been fixed.
- Improved compatibility with a number of applications.
- Setup process has been updated so that SoftCopy will install and run on machines lacking a physical printer port.
- Previously, user accounts without administrative rights may not be able to use SoftCopy directly. This has been fixed.
- Added support for unattended operation.
- Added automatic postprocessing of output in 100 and 200 dpi so that output image will look better when viewed on screen.
- Older versions of Windows 2000 do not come default with certain Microsoft runtime DLLs. The installer has been fixed to install the required runtime DLLs where necessary.
- Included some minor performance optimization.