Some features of PGPNotes are:
- One click access to encryption/decryption.
- Support passphrase caching within the Notes client.
- Auto decryption of PGPNotes-encrypted emails.
- New! Support for decryption of
Some important points to note:
- PGPNotes is not a replacement for PGP or GnuPG. It merely makes
it more transparent and convenient for Lotus Notes' users to
encrypt/decrypt using PGP or GnuPG.
- Since the primary purpose of PGP itself is to allow users from
different messaging platforms to communicate securely, certain
Notes-specific attributes cannot be supported.
For example, in a typical Notes message encrypted using PGPNotes,
rich-text are converted to pure ASCII-text and embedded objects
such as pictures etc. are ignored. File attachments, however, are