- Fixed "Export to DHTML" function not working when KeyPass is
not running in portable mode.
- Fixed focus issue when re-ordering fields using Shift-arrow
- Added "Export to DHTML" function.
- Fixed reported issue of black overlay when cursor is hidden
under Windows 8.1 while script is running.
- Previously, when exporting to HTML, link breaks in folder notes
are not properly exported. This has been fixed.
- This release fixes a critical bug introduced in the previous
release whereby the notes field of the current highlighted entry
was erroneously blanked out during initial startup. Users running
V4.9.13 are advised to upgrade to this release as soon as
- Updated help file and help text to clarify the purpose of
"Enable associations" checkbox.
- Previously on Windows Vista and 7, if KeyPass is running from a
USB memory storage device and the device is removed, KeyPass does
not automatically shutdown. This has been fixed.
- Previously, the "Remove association" function crashes under
certain situations. This has been fixed.
- Added "Very fast" option to "Entry speed". This option removes
all delays in keystroke simulation but may result in dropped
characters over slower channels (eg. remote desktop, remote shell
- Previously, the uppercase/lowercase options in field password
settings cannot be unchecked. This has been fixed.
- Added "Remove association" function in popup menu to remove
unwanted associations directly.
- Added ability to specify custom characters in password
- Previously, the password generator does not take into account
the relative sizes of character sets (eg. letters, numbers, symbols
etc.) when generating passwords, so certain characters may be
over-represented in the generated password. This has been
- Added option to display full path for recent and favorite items
in popup menu.
- Fixed typo in "AutoLock" preference window.
- In the "Restore backup" dialog box, the backups can now be
sorted by date by clicking on the corresponding column header.
- Previously on Win7 x64, the password window does not gain
foreground focus when unlocking. This has been fixed.
- Previously activating the popup menu may cause Vista or Windows
7 to hang for an extended period. This has been fixed.
- KeyPass now uses the default system font for its user interface
- Fixed duplicate accelerator keys under
- Fixed spurious status messages in main window when mousing over
certain fields in preferences window.
- Removed orphaned help message in main window.
- Added copy to clipboard function for global variables.
- Enhanced password generation algorithm to include at least one
element from each selected character set.
- Added field/variable-specific password settings.
- Added new option under Preferences to disable password
- Previously, under Windows 7, a spurious undo action may be
generated upon startup. This has been fixed.
- Previously, if "Lock KeyPass when screensaver starts" is not
set, KeyPass will ramp up CPU usage when the screensaver is active.
This has been fixed.
- Previous, if KeyPass is launched a second time before the first
instance has been fully unlocked with the master password, a blank
main window will be displayed. This has been fixed.
- Previously, during find operation, the notes text field does
not scroll into position if the content is obscured. This has been
- Previously, importing KeyPass database when file does not exist
in source folder did not produce an error message. This has been
- Fixed KeePass V2.x XML import function that does not handle
entries with blank names correctly.
- Previously during synchronization, sufficient node space may
not be allocated during refresh, resulting in a crash. This has
- Added %KPDRIVE% for substitution in auto backup directory.
- Fixed issue where activation key may not be initialized
correctly when locked on startup is selected.
- Added ability to click on status bar to toggle display of full
path of current database entry.
- Added ability to right-click on popup menu entry to copy its
value to the clipboard.
- Added option to import XML files exported by KeePass V2.x.
- Previously under Windows 7, if keyboard/mouse hook does not
respond within set interval (eg. CPU usage was maxed out during
that time), the hook may be disabled. This has been fixed.
- In the previous version, KeyPass may blank out the content of
the notes field that is currently visible upon exit. This has been
- This version is compatible with Windows 7.
- The database file is now locked when KeyPass is running to
prevent overwriting or deletion.
- The popup menu now works over the command prompt in Windows
- Added function to import KeePass database exported as XML
- Added option to disable associations for specific entries.
- Added ability to multi-select and delete associations.
- In the previous release, invoking "Backup now!" function from
tray menu will cause the main window to be displayed if KeyPass is
minimized. This has been fixed.
- The "Unlock KeyPass" function now unlocks only without
launching the main window. The "Manage database" function can be
used to unlock and launch the main window instead.
- A bug has been introduced in the previous version where the
tray menu is deactivated when "Lock on start" is enabled. This has
- Now when invoking the cut/copy functions in text fields where
no selection is active, an automatic select-all operation is
performed before cut/copy.
- Previously, when exporting the KeyPass database, the
destination folder is cleared automatically before export. This
behaviour has been disabled.
- Global variables within fields are now resolved during
clipboard copy operations.
- Added publish/synchronize functions under the "File" menu.
- Added operations to log synchronization details and to
view/clear the log file.
- Added blinking tray icon to indicate sending of keystrokes,
backup and synchronization.
- Fixed drag-and-drop decryption issue under Win9x/Vista.
- Pasting to the notes field now automatically converts to plain
- Fixed splitter position when toggling between folders and
- Fixed Win9x/ME support.
- Added "Reset activation key/button" function to deal with third
party applications that terminate the Windows keyboard/mouse
hooking chain improperly.
- Added "Lock on standby" option.
- Added new hashing function for enhanced database security.
- When the name of a global variable is changed, all associated
entries are updated accordingly.
- Remove '\' from list of characters used by password generation
to prevent conflicts with escape codes.
- Added auto-clear clipboard option.
- Fixed scroll behaviour of fields/login script windows when
scrollbar is visible and items at the bottom of the window are
- Added KeyPass database import/export functions to simplify
migration of KeyPass database.
- The entries in the "Favorites" popup menu are now sorted
- All views (except for search results) are now sorted
- Added option to prevent a particular browser/application from
being visible in the launch menu.
- Fixed issue with KEYHOOK.DLL that is causing problems for some
users on Windows Vista where the right mouse click without the
modifier keys will cause the popup menu to appear.
- Previously, the KeyPass main window will occasionally redraw
incorrectly, causing "bleeding" from the window below. This has
- Rolled back a change to the hook DLL that was missed in V4.7.9,
which is reported to cause problems for some users.
- Added support for all keyboard shortcuts when KeyPass is
started in locked mode. Previously, the only keyboard shortcut
supported in this mode is "Manage database".
- When KeyPass is locked and the keyboard shortcut is used for
associative login, the popup menu will display incorrect
associations when multiple associations exist. This has been
- Some users have reported problems with the improved hooking
method introduced in V4.7.8. As such, we have rolled back to the
old hooking method in this release until further notice.
- Removed startup delay introduced in V4.7.7 for faster startup
- Improved hooking method so that KeyPass running under
administrator account will work with more applications (eg. Trend
Micro's keystroke encryption).
- If a password that consists of pure repeating tokens is used, a
partial token may be able to unlock the database. This has been
- The installer now detects data from a previous installation of
KeyPass and offers to delete it.
- Added new option in "Preferences" to add KeyPass to Windows
- Previously, if KeyPass is locked and the password dialog is
invoked via the hotkey more than once, an error message will
result. This has been fixed.
- Previously, if KeyPass is locked on startup and the user tries
to launch the most recent entry or an associated entry via hotkey +
double mouse click, the password dialog will appear but the desired
function will not be invoked after login. This has been fixed.
- For security reasons, the "Global Variables" tab is no longer
accessible to a user logged in using a read-only password.
- The target keyword is not highlighted correctly in the Notes
fields during text search. This has been fixed.
- KeyPass will hang during startup under certain situations. This
has been fixed.
- The "Restore Backup" function may hang under Windows Vista.
This has been fixed.
- Launching an URL in the Notes field now adds the entry to the
- When KeyPass is running under Windows Vista in read-only mode
and hidden to the system tray, the database synchronization
operation will cause the main window to appear. This has been
- When using auto-login with KeyPass locked, the keystrokes do
not always get entered into the target application. This has been
- When changing master password, if an error occurs while
re-encrypting attached files, the remaining files will still be
encrypted using the old master password. This has been fixed.
- When unlocking KeyPass, the master password dialog box does not
always appear in the foreground. This has been fixed.
- Added automatic URL detection and highlighting in the "Notes"
- Previously, during the "find next" operation, if the matching
entry is deleted immediately and the "find next" operation invoked
again without change of cursor focus, an access violation error
will occur. This has been fixed.
- The "Expiry 3/6 months from now" menu items were not
functioning correctly. This has been fixed.
- In filtered view, drag-and-drop as well as the "Paste" function
have been disabled, since they should not be active in that
- Bookmarks that are pasted from the clipboard now retain their
- Previously, when filtered view is active and auto-backup runs,
access violation error may occur. This has been fixed.
- Previously, when using hotkey and keyboard shortcut
interchangeably to bring up the popup menu, access violation error
may occur. This has been fixed.
- Previously, renaming an entry located in a level two or deeper
subfolder under a filtered view will result in an exception. This
has been fixed.
- Previously, switching from a filtered view which does not
display folders to one which does and back will cause the view to
lose its entries. This has been fixed.
- Added option during uninstall to permanently remove data files
created by KeyPass.
- Previously, the "Expiry xxx from today" functions take the
expiry date field as the reference. This has been amended to take
the current date as the reference instead.
- Previously, the "Generate password" button can only generate
one new password per second. This limitation has been removed.
- Previously, accessing any topic in the help file with embedded
animation will cause the login screen to pop up. This has been
- Previously, KeyPass may not auto-lock when the screensaver
starts if that option is selected. This has been fixed.
- Previously, the "Hide password value" checkbox is automatically
checked during field password generation. This has been
- Filtered views (search results, with attachments) now support
display of matching folders.
- In some cases, launching the help file will cause KeyPass to
crash. This has been fixed.
- The previous version did not restore the window position
correctly under certain situations. This has been fixed.
- In the previous version, a minimized task window appears when
you activate the popup menu using a keyboard shortcut. This has
- Previously under Windows Vista, some repaint problems will
occur when the [AltGr] key is used in modal dialogs. This has been
- Under Windows Vista, thumbnail preview for the KeyPass main
window was not displayed correctly. This has been fixed.
- Under dual-monitor systems, the KeyPass main window was not
restored correctly if it was previously positioned in the secondary
monitor. This has been fixed.
- Now, if the SHIFT key is pressed while activating the "Manage
database" window, its position will be reset to the upper-left
corner of the primary monitor. This is useful when the window
becomes hidden for some reason.
- The backup directory path can now contain environment variables
- Now when new entries are created as a result of copy-and-paste,
they will be added to the "recent" menu as well.
- Under Windows Vista, when the expiry date is enabled, it cannot
be unchecked. This has been fixed.
- Added an option to start new searches from the top of the
database instead of the current entry.
- KeyPass now persists the search options that you have
configured into the database.
- When migrating to Windows Vista, KeyPass now automatically
offers to move the database files to the user profile folder in
order to comply with Vista's security requirement.
- Fixed problem with copy-and-paste of field value into quick
search text field.
- Fixed problem with keyboard entry of bookmark expiry date.
- Added option to search field values.
- Previously, the cut/copy/paste/delete functions did not work
for the "Quick find" and "Security tags" fields. This has been
- Added ability to copy/replace login script.
- Added ability to limit number of backup folders.
- Newly-created bookmarks are now reflected in the recent
- In this release, the communication logic used by KEYPASS.EXE
and KEYHOOK.DLL has been updated, so both files must be updated in
tandem in order for the popup menu to work.
- Fixed error message on Windows Vista which is triggered when
screensaver is terminated, and KeyPass is set to auto-lock when
- KeyPass now automatically shuts down after 5 consecutive
unsuccessful login attempts.
- Previously, when deleting a folder containing entries with
attached files, a warning message is not displayed. This has been
- Previously, deleting a folder containing entries with attached
files will leave dangling files in the database folder. This has
- If backup directory does not exist on host machine, KeyPass
will now volunteer to create the directory for the user. Note that
this only works for directory creation that is one level deep.
- KeyPass now supports international (8-bit) characters in field
- The widths of the "Fields" and "Login Script" listview columns
are now persisted to the database.
- A race condition has been discovered that could cause KeyPass
to crash during startup. This has been fixed.
- Under Windows Vista, the main window may be exposed when
unlocking KeyPass, and the user switches to the desktop and back.
This has been fixed.
- Under Windows Vista, the password window does not receive
foreground focus when unlocking while activating the popup menu.
This has been fixed.
- Under Windows Vista, certain controls in the Preferences window
are not redrawn correctly when using the Alt or Tab keys. This has
- The expiry date field is now blanked when navigating from an
entry to a folder (in addition to being disabled). This is to
provide another visual cue that the expiry date property does not
apply to a folder.
- The last version introduced a bug where the expiry date is not
properly refreshed when navigating from a database entry to a
folder. This has been fixed.
- KeyPass' help file cannot be launched under Windows Vista 64.
This has been fixed.
- When enabling autorun, KeyPass computed the wrong location for
KEYLOAD.LDR if KEYPASS.DAT is located in the user profile folder.
This has been fixed.
- Added a "Browse" button under the "Database information" window
that launches in Windows Explorer the folder containing
- Previously, the popup menu cannot be activated under IE7/Vista.
This has been fixed.
- Previously, the expiry date cannot be disabled under Vista once
it is set. This has been fixed.
- KeyPass will now create data files under the user's APPDATA
folder if KEYPASS.DAT is not present in the same folder as
KEYPASS.EXE. This change is necessary to comply with Vista's
stricter rules regarding writing data files to C:\Program
- Non-applicable menus/preferences are now hidden instead of
disabled under reader mode.
- The "AutoRun" preference tab is now disabled under U3
- Previously, when in search filtered view, typing new keywords
into the search field and pressing [Enter] will execute the "Find
Next" function. This behaviour has been fixed to update the
filtered view instead.
- Added backup restoration function.
- Added option to lock KeyPass when screensaver starts.
- Added support for U3-capable USB drives.
- This version is compatible with Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for Name and Value fields in "Edit
- Tray icon title is garbled when KeyPass starts in locked mode
and is later unlocked. This has been fixed.
- Previously, the expiring/expired startup alert message is not
displayed if "Hide on start" is turned on. This has been
- Fixed non-display of keyboard accelerator hints when ALT key is
pressed in dialog boxes.
- Fixed non-display of focus rectangle when TAB key is pressed in
- Previously, when a new database entry is created and user
changes the password field value, unchecking "Hide password value"
will reset the updated password value to default. This has been
- There was an error in the description of the "AutoBackup"
preference tab. This has been fixed.
- Added option to enable/disable warning message when an error is
encountered during auto-backup.
- Added shortcut keys for all controls in "Edit Field"
- Added support for multi-line field values.
- Added line breaks to HTML export file.
- Previously, the notes field was not exported correctly in the
CSV export module. This has been fixed.
- Updating the expiry date via keyboard entry does not work
correctly. This has been fixed.
- Added expiry date property to database entries, as well as
alerts for expiring and expired entries on startup.
- Added filtered views for search results, expiring and expired
entries, as well as entries with file attachments.
- Added \b and \1 to escape codes.
- Before each backup, KeyPass now warns the user if any of the
file attachments are invalid.
- In the file attachment window, invalid attachments are now
indicated by grayed icons.
- Added "Properties" dialog box for file attachments that
provides more details about each attachment.
- Previously, if there is no focused node in the database pane,
"Find next" does not work correctly. This has been fixed.
- KeyPass now correctly displays ampersand characters in the tray
and popup menus.
- Previously, when KeyPass is locked, running KEYPASS.EXE again
will popup the password window, but the tray icon is reset. This
has been fixed.
- KeyPass now starts in a minimized state to reduce the initial
"flash" when the window is subsequently hidden.
- When KeyPass is hidden to the system tray, bringing up any
dialog or messages box will cause the taskbar icon to reappear so
that the user can easily locate it if it is obscured by other
- Previously, the wrong icons are displayed in the database
context menu under certain situations. This has been fixed.
- Previously, when KeyPass is locked and instant login is
activated, the password dialog box may be bypassed if there is only
one matching entry. This has been fixed.
- Allow single left-click on tray icon to bring up tray
- Add extra check to ensure Ctrl, Shift and Alt modifier keys are
released before starting instant login.
- "Ctrl-A" now selects all files in "Files" window.
- You can now use the right mouse button to drag-and-drop files
from KeyPass to Windows Explorer, and the "Copy/Move" popup menu
will be displayed.
- When KeyPass is shut down in the maximized state, it may not be
correctly restored on the next run. This has been fixed.
- New popup menu logic introduced in V4.2.0 to support keyboard
shortcuts has issues with certain websites/applications. This has
- Pressing and holding SHIFT key until password dialog box
appears now resets any bad window position information that was
saved during the previous session that might cause main window
- Maximum length of password that can be generated has been
increased to 512.
- The "Launch" menu item in the database treeview context menu
has been enhanced to allow direct launching of entries using all
- Instant login (activation key plus double mouse click) can now
be configured to run the login script of the most recent or
- You can now define keyboard shortcuts to launch the popup menu
or run the login script of the most recent/associated entry.
- Added password masking and generation to global variables.
- Added button to insert global variables into field values.
- Adding field to the login script now auto-increments to the
- Free Edition now supports enterprise features for trial
- Fixed registration code validation logic for Free Edition of
- You can now run multiple instances of KeyPass, as long as they
are located in different folders.
- The text string displayed in the title bar and system tray can
now be customized.
- Added support for global variables.
- Export to HTML function now writes the content of the "Notes"
- Added extra field for initial window state of
browsers/applications. This field is also automatically detected if
a shortcut is selected.
- Previously, the "Backup now!" menu item is disabled after
KeyPass is locked/unlocked. This has been fixed.
- Running a second instance of KeyPass will now activate the
first instance instead of displaying an error message.
- The KeyPass AutoRun loader "KEYLOAD.EXE" is now placed in the
"Application Data" folder under the user profile folder instead of
directly in the "Start Menu" folder. This is to avoid false alarms
from some third party anti-virus/spyware programs.
- CSV import function was broken. This has been fixed.
- Launch is now enabled even when a database entry has empty web
address, provided it is associated with a specific
- A "Start in" field has been added for browser/application. This
enables the user to specify which directory to start the EXE
- BAT, CMD and LNK files can now be added for
browser/application. For shortcuts (.LNK) in particular, KeyPass
will automatically extract the EXE path and startup directory
- The "Move to" function to move an encrypted file back into the
filesystem causes an error when invoked. This has been fixed.
- Copy/paste allows the creation of an invalid child node under a
non-folder entry. This has been fixed.
- Fixed problem with flickering display when toolbar is
- When editing an encrypted file, an unnecessary message box
"ShellExec success" is displayed. This has been removed.
- Improved database compression logic.
- Added auto association with window title.
- Added import/export of CSV file.
- Improved find function granularity.
- Find function now highlights search terms within results.
- Added favorites list.
- Added ability to change global keystroke speed.
- Added ability to set entry-specific keystroke speed.
- Added ability to activate KeyPass via a shortcut key.
- Added ability to add any number of web browsers/applications in
- Enhanced login script so that any keystroke or delay can be
- Added ability to use more than one read-only password.
- Added security tag feature.
- Added secure file attachment feature.
- Added ability to specify a different default login script.
- Added instant login extension.
- Introduced more preference settings on application behaviour
during startup and operation.
- Added ability to lock on startup without first asking for
- Updated backup function to handle attached files.
- Minor enhancement in registration code verification logic.
- Previously, when running Microsoft Remote Desktop Client in
full-screen mode on a fast machine, keystrokes may be dropped when
KeyPass is sending information to the remote PC. This has been
- Added Shift-Tab to the keystroke list in login script.
- Previously when the mouse buttons are swapped via the Control
Panel, the login script will not work properly. This has been
- Updated copyright notice.
- Under certain situations, when the splitter moves too far to
the left or top so that either the treeview pane or the
fields/login script panes are hidden, the user is unable to move
the splitter back so that the hidden panes are visible again. This
has been fixed.
- Fixed a small typo in the "Preferences" window.
- KeyPass will sometimes crash when the user clicks on the tray
icon to bring up the tray menu. This has been fixed.
- Auto-lock will sometimes refuse to activate because KeyPass
thinks that the mouse is still being used. This has been
- When KEYLOAD.EXE is launched from the "Preferences" window
(using "Enable Autorun"), it will inherit the KeyPass directory as
its own process directory. If KeyPass is residing from a USB drive,
the device cannot be cleanly unmounted. This has been fixed.
- KEYLOAD.EXE has been updated to only scan the drive letter of
the removable storage upon arrival instead of scanning all the
- Previously, the edit property of each action in the login
script is not disabled. This has been fixed.
- Double clicking on the tray icon now unlocks KeyPass if it is
- If you are using a master password which is longer than 14
characters, the unlock function will fail. This has been fixed. As
this is a potential buffer overflow issue, we encourage all users
to upgrade to this version even if it does not impact you
- Previously, the following sequence lock-unlock-dismiss-unlock
will cause KeyPass to crash. This has been fixed.
- Under certain situations, the expansion status of items are not
saved to the database upon exit. This has been fixed.
- The selection status of items are now saved to the database
- "Recent" menu is now disabled when KeyPass is locked.
- Added created/modified date/timestamp in "Database
- Fixed another bug in export function so that KeyPass can now
directly import the Netscape/Mozilla file that it previously
- Added recovery of tray icon upon Explorer crash.
- Previously, KEYLOAD.EXE only checks for KEYPASS.EXE whenever
there is a disk change event. Now, it has been updated to make that
check upon startup as well.
- Fixed bug in export function so that KeyPass can now directly
import the Netscape/Mozilla file that it previously exported.
- Updated screenshots in help file.
- Added ability to use symbols other than underscore when
- Added URL and notes fields in popup menu. Icons have also been
updated to distinguish between different field types.
- Fixed bug in update of recent menu when bookmarks with same
name and URL are present in the database.
- Increased maximum length of master password to 64
- Moved "Recent" list to top level of tray menu.
- Improved Autorun (KEYLOAD.EXE) to launch KeyPass only from a
- The values of non-password fields are now displayed in the
- Previously, there was an issue with disabling masking for the
password field. This has been fixed.
- If you exit from KeyPass while the "Manage Database" window is
still on the screen, and you have made some recent changes, these
changes may be lost. This issue has been fixed.
- A new action type called "Delay 1s" has been added to the login
script. This is to cater to terminal programs which might be
slightly slower in accepting keyboard inputs.
- Make "Recent" submenu bold.
- The "Exit" function is now enabled even when KeyPass is
- Certain keystrokes are not sent correctly when the capslock is
on. This has been fixed.
- Setup will now ensure that KeyPass is not running before
proceeding with the installation.
- Added some logic to deal with corrupted window state. This
usually happens under Win 9x/ME when a blue screen occurs and
corrupts some OS internal data structures, which may cause the
window state saved by KeyPass to become invalid.
- Added "Backup now!" function to system tray menu.
- When reordering fields using drag-and-drop, the content of
password fields will be unmasked. This has been fixed.
- Switched to new license key system.
- Save expansion status of all items to database.
- Added auto-lock function.
- Added additional shortcut keys to context menus.
- Fixed focusing problem in fields and login script panels when
using shortcut keys to insert/delete items.
- Added "space" key to list of allowable keys in login
- Changed root node from "Bookmarks" to "Database".
- Create four folders by default in new database: Bookmarks,
Applications, Credit Cards, PIN Numbers.
- Reflect name of root node in tray popup menu.
- Added XP-style icons.
- Added XP visual style manifest information.
- Added "Database information" function.
- Fixed incompatibility with Remote Desktop client.
- Added "Backup now!" function.
- Added notes attribute to folders. The HTML export module has
also been updated to export this information.
- Previously, when drag-and-drop is aborted, the focus of the
treeview is messed up. This has been fixed.
- Previously, when a drag operation is started, the last update
may not be registered. This has been fixed.
- Save window position and width/height of panels to
- Fixed bug in saving/restoring of window position when window
state is maximized.
- Added "Select All" action, and added it to the default
- Rename "bookmark" to "entry" globally.
- "Export to HTML" has been changed to export to Netscape
- Added "Import IE favorites" function.
- Added "Import Netscape bookmark file" function.
- Added "Import Mozilla bookmark file" function.
- Previously, if the capslock is on, the casing of the keystrokes
sent will be incorrect. This has been fixed. Now casing of
keystrokes sent is independent of keyboard capslock status.
- Double-clicking to launch bookmark did not add bookmark to
recent list. This has been fixed.
- The search function now wraps around and starts searching from
the top when it has reached the bottom of the tree.
- The quick search box now reflects what is entered in the search
dialog box and vice versa.
- Previously, clicking once on the first field always puts it in
editing mode. This has been fixed.
- <F2> now acts as a shortcut key to rename
- Added scrollbars to the "Notes" field.
- Double-clicking on a bookmark now opens it in the default
- Added Ctrl-Enter to the list of allowable keys in the login
- Eliminated the "Open in browser" menu item if no alternative
browsers are defined.
- Added quick find text box in toolbar.
- Added auto-backup function in preferences, which allows user to
automatically backup the database to a given directory or network
location on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Added auto-update function in preferences, which allows
administrator to specify a reference database from which read-only
databases are refreshed.
- Added version history to help file.
- Under certain situations, nested folders are not displayed
correctly when the database is saved and reopened. For example, if
the database contains two folders Folder1 and
Folder2, and Folder1 contains a subfolder
Folder1A, and Folder1 does not contain any
bookmarks, then when the database is saved and reopened,
Folder2 will become a subfolder of Folder1. Note that
no data is lost, only the folder hierarchy is affected.
- This version is now branded under DobySoft instead of CTech
- Added new registration system so that license key can be sent
out faster via automated system.
- Added locking/unlocking function.
- Added read-only password function.
- Added HTML export function.
- Added Ctrl-Home/Ctrl-End keyboard shortcuts.
- Added "recent bookmarks" feature.
- The license key of the standalone edition of KeyPass cannot be
verified. This has been fixed.
- Updates to the folders/bookmarks are not saved automatically
unless the "Save" function is used. This has been fixed.
- Under certain situations, it is possible to inadvertently
create folders/bookmarks at the same indentation level as the root
node "Bookmarks", and it is not possible to delete them. The only
way to delete them is to move them to a folder under the Bookmarks
root node. This has been fixed.
- When using the arrow keys to navigate the folders/bookmarks
pane, it is possible under some situations to cause data
corruption. One way this can occur is to expand a particular folder
with more than 2 bookmarks, highlight the last item and press the
up-arrow key to move to the first bookmark without releasing the
key. It will cause all the other bookmarks to take on the
attributes of the 2nd last bookmark (Note: Please do not try
this test without first backing up your KEYPASS.DAT file!) This
has been fixed.
- Improved support for foreign keyboard keycodes.
- Minor code refactoring for improved program stability.
- The hot key is always initialized as Ctrl-Right-Mouse-Button
during startup, regardless of the saved preference. This has been
- When the "Manage Bookmarks" window is first opened, do not
expand the root folder automatically.
- Fixed a bug in the focusing logic when deleting a field.
- Fixed a bug in the enabling/disabling logic of the new
- Added "Open in browser" function in the bookmarks pane.
- Now when bringing up the popup menu with the hot key, the
"Manage Bookmarks" window will not be minimized first.
- Improved compatibility with other applications when activating
the popup menu./li>
- Added "Dismiss" function to the popup menu so that the menu can
be dismissed without selecting any field or script.
- Fixed a bug in the saving of web browser settings.